You are purchasing 3-year access to the first course in obstetric violence available online in the U.S.
Created by Cristen Pascucci, founder of Birth Monopoly and an expert on obstetric violence, the course is self-paced and takes a trauma-aware approach.
- Prep Work on working with triggers (with Nekole Shapiro, founder of Holistic Peer Counseling)
- A Working Definition of Obstetric Violence (with various birth and healthcare professionals)
- The State of the Science on Obstetric Violence (with Lorraine Garcia, MA, MSN, WHNP-BC, CNM, and PhD candidate)
- Obstetric Violence and the Principles of Advocacy (with Sabia Wade, author and founder of Birthing Advocacy Doula Trainings)
- Trauma Informed Care as Preventative of Obstetric Violence (with Mandy Irby, BSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM, LCCE, founder of The Trauma Informed Birth Nurse)
Additional modules coming in February address obstetric violence as a public health issue and a reproductive rights issue, and from a systems change perspective.
You will also have access to updates and any newer versions of the course published within the three-year time period.
Contact hours pending (est. 8-10 hours)