You are purchasing monthly access to the Birth Monopoly Community, including our signature Know Your Rights course, bi-monthly community calls, and the first course in obstetric violence available online in the U.S.:
Created by Cristen Pascucci, founder of Birth Monopoly and an expert on obstetric violence, the course is self-paced and takes a trauma-aware approach.
- Prep Work on working with triggers (with Nekole Shapiro, founder of Holistic Peer Counseling)
- A Working Definition of Obstetric Violence (with various birth and healthcare professionals)
- The State of the Science on Obstetric Violence (with Lorraine Garcia, MA, MSN, WHNP-BC, CNM, and PhD candidate)
- Obstetric Violence and the Principles of Advocacy (with Sabia Wade, author and founder of Birthing Advocacy Doula Trainings)
- Trauma Informed Care as Preventative of Obstetric Violence (with Mandy Irby, BSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM, LCCE, founder of The Trauma Informed Birth Nurse)
Additional modules coming in February address obstetric violence as a public health issue and a reproductive rights issue, and from a systems change perspective.
You will also have access to updates and any newer versions of the course published within the three-year time period.
Contact hours pending (est. 8-10 hours)
Annual access automatically renews each year. You may cancel at any time.